Potluck Thanksgiving: What to Bring
Usually the host will have the turkey and the guests will bring the sides and desserts. Bring something fun and delicious that everyone will love. While desserts are great, you may want to consider something else. Everyone loves to bring desserts — and you could end up with TOO MANY desserts! Yes, seriously. Here’s our dessert tower from last year! Everyone brought desserts!
What to Bring to a Thanksgiving Potluck
- Wine or other adult beverage – a gift for the host and hostess is a nice gesture.
- Rolls – Buttery flakey rolls are always a hit at our house!
- Crackers and cheese – a variety that everyone will like!
- Pasta salad – simple and everyone loves it!
- Bean casserole – this one is a classic!
- Cookies – Everyone loves cookies! Thanksgiving Cookies Recipes »
- Pie – a nice apple or pumpkin pie is always a hit. Don’t forget the whipped topping!
When in doubt, confer with the potluck Thanksgiving hosts’. Especially if you’re one of those who show up late to the party. You don’t want to be the last one strolling through the door with yet another pumpkin pie…
Other things you may consider bringing to Thanksgiving is nuts for snacking on, fruit to garnish the table and nibble on while the turkey cooks — and don’t forget to bring a football to toss around in the backyard, or keep the kids busy!
What are you bringing to Thanksgiving?
UP NEXT: Thanksgiving Cookies »