Easy Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
These cranberry shortbread cookies are so easy you can knock it out of the park without even trying! Most people add boring old dried cranberries to their cookies, not us! Today the #SweetSquad is adding DOVE® Chocolate Covered Cranberries to our shortbread cookie recipe – yum!
As you know, this year we’re having a whole bunch of fun with our blogger friends by participating in a virtual cookie swap. Not only that, we’re also participating the SoFab Seasons blog posts. Cranberry is the theme for November, and let’s face it — these chocolate cranberry shortbread cookies will be perfect to bring to your Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving gathering!
This chocolate cranberry shortbread cookie recipe makes several dozen cookies, so there will be plenty to go around. Whether you’re doing a cookie swap, bake sale or bringing cookies to your holiday party – these chocolate covered cranberry shortbread cookies will do just fine!
Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
Thanksgiving cookie, Christmas cookies, cookie swap cookies or even summer cookies – everyone loves cranberry shortbread cookies and there really is no bad time of year to make them! Let’s gather up our ingredients and get started!
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped DOVE® Chocolate Covered Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Get a cookie sheet ready with parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment paper, don’t worry – you don’t even need to grease the cookie sheet. In your mixer, cream together the butter and powdered sugar until it’s fluffy.
- Slowly mix in flour until combined. Scrape down the sides if you need to. You’ll end up with a thick cookie dough.
- With a stiff spoon, stir in the finely chopped DOVE® Chocolate Covered Cranberries. A wooden spoon works best here because the batter is quite thick.
- Roll the dough into 1½ inch balls and use the bottom of a glass to press the cookies flat.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes on an ungreased or parchment paper prepared baking sheet. Once they’re out of the oven you can carefully move them to a cooling rack and get the next round of cookies in the oven. Decorate them if you wish, I’m going to dust mine with a little powdered sugar.
Tip: Press the bottom of a drinking glass into flour, then press the cookie. Repeat the flour, cookie process for every cookie. This prevents the cookie dough from sticking to the bottom of the glass while you flatten them. This is a similar method to the one we used for our pumpkin whoopie pies.
Easy shortbread cookies with chocolate covered cranberries
10 minPrep Time
17 minCook Time
27 minTotal Time
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In your mixer, cream butter and sugar until it's fluffy
- Slowly mix in flour until combined
- Stir in DOVE® Chocolate Covered Cranberries
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and flatten into 2 inch cookies
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes on ungreased or parchment paper prepared baking sheet
- Cool for 5 minutes before moving to cooling rack to cool completely
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve
To press the cookies: Place flour in a small dish. Press the flat bottom of a drinking glass into the flour, then press the cookies down to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Repeat for each cookie. The flour will help prevent the cookie dough from sticking to the glass.