Easter Basket Snacks
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #SweeterEaster #CollectiveBias
One of our favorite holidays is Easter because there’s always a fun Easter snack recipe to create! If it’s not cookies, haystacks or an Easter bunny cake, it’s another sweet snack. Today we’re making Easter basket snacks with pudding, coconut and M&M’s® White Chocolate candies!
We love the combination of vanilla and coconut, so this recipe was a no-brainer! These fun and festive Easter baskets, loaded with delicious vanilla pudding, coconut flakes and colorful Easter M&M’s® White Chocolate candies are the perfect way to ring in springtime and celebrate Easter!
Make sure you grab a bag or two of the new, exclusive M&M’s® White Chocolate candies, only available at Walmart, while you’re doing all of your other Easter shopping. Here’s an Ibotta offer for you, too!
Easter also usually marks the point when we begin planting our veggies inside to get the seedlings going so when the last frost passes we can plant them outside in the garden.
Neither Katie, nor I have a really green thumb, but we try. With a bunch of seedlings we can usually get a good production of peppers and tomatoes, at least enough to pick a few each week through harvest season. We’re getting better each year. Enough about that though…
Let’s make these Easter basket snacks!
Easter Snack Recipe
This snack is really simple and fun to put together. We’re going to start by gathering our ingredients.
Filo shells are the first ingredient. Some people like to make their own with filo dough and bake them in the oven. You can do that or you can get pre-made filo shells right in the freezer aisle at Walmart, like we did. Dip half of the each outer shell into melted chocolate melts. You can toss them in the fridge to speed up the setting process if needed.
While the chocolate on your filo shells is setting, go ahead and make your green coconut shavings. Use a plastic baggie, 1/2 cup of coconut shavings and 4 to 5 drops of green food coloring. Shake-Shake-Shake until the coconut is evenly green!
Once the chocolate is set you can begin adding vanilla pudding to each basket. I’ve also made a vanilla pudding recipe, which you can find at the bottom of this page. You can also make this easier by swinging into the snack aisle and scooping up a pack of pudding cups.
Now that each shell is loaded up with about 3/4 of a tablespoon of pudding, we can add our green shredded coconut.
Now we can add the best part, the M&M’s® White Chocolate Easter candies! PS: The only place you can get the M&M’s® White Chocolate candies are at Walmart! We’ll pile two or three of these right in the middle of each basket.
Don’t forget to grab some Skittles® candies, Easter M&M’s® Milk Chocolate candies and a MARS Variety Bag of candy to fill the Easter baskets for Easter morning!
Grab a pack of Starburst® candies for an optional add-on to our snacks. You can use the Starburst® candies to make basket handles! To do this, unwrap a Starburst® candy, place it on a plate and microwave it for 6 seconds — just enough to get it a little soft. Roll it out into a Starburst® snake with your hands and cut to length to make basket handles. Lay them into handle shapes and set aside. Allow them to firm back up before putting them on the baskets. Using one Starburst® candy per two baskets will do the trick.
I’ve also tossed together these fun Easter printable toppers you can put on your snacks. Print, cut them out and attach a toothpick to the back using a small piece of tape. Stick the topper into your snack before serving for a fun and festive decoration!
Click the image below for the printable PDF.
Grab the kids and get in the kitchen, this treat is fun for the whole family!
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- Add coconut shreds and green food coloring to a plastic zipper bag. Shake until coconut shreds are completely green.
- Roll Starburst® candies into cylindrical shaped "snakes" - warm in microwave for 6 seconds to help make them rollable. Bend into handle shapes and let firm back up.
- Add 3/4 tbs of vanilla pudding to each filo shell
- Top the pudding with green coconut shreds
- Place 2 or 3 candies in each filo basket, on top of the coconut
- Add Starburst® basket handles or printable toppers to each snack
Easter really marks springtime for us, planting our seeds and making fresh tasting snacks – it marks the season of new beginnings, growth and life! The weather is beginning to warm, the trees are budding the flower beds are peeking out from under the snow. It has all the makings for a fresh start! So let’s all enjoy the season, make beautiful Easter baskets and amazing snacks!
Before I forget, here’s that vanilla pudding recipe!
Vanilla Pudding Recipe
- 4 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 large egg yolks, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat 4 cups of milk in a large saucepan over medium heat until it steams
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and 1/2 teaspoon salt together in a separate bowl. Whisk in the egg yolks and the remaining 1/2 cup milk.
- Whisk half of hot milk into the egg mixture until smooth. Slowly whisk egg and milk mixture into the milk saucepan. Whisking constantly, cook over medium heat until you reach a boil. Continue cooking and whisking until the mixture has thickened into a pudding consistency – a few minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract
- Cool for a couple of minutes, stirring a few times.
- Place plastic wrap over/onto the pudding (prevents skin from forming)
- Cool in refrigerator for 4-5 hours
- Whisk vigorously before serving
What fun Easter Snacks will you create this year?