Lemon Drop Cookies
Are you ready for Easter? These lemon Easter cookies are the perfect way to celebrate Easter and ring in the spring season! You know I love making Easter cookies, cakes and desserts, so today I’m going to share with you another fun cookie recipe with
a hint a punch of lemon flavor, topped with sweet M&M’s® Easter Sundae.
Easter Lemon Cookies
Remember the baker’s themed Easter basket I put together along with a recipe for super quick and easy brownie parfait with M&M’s® Easter Sundae candies? Well, I had about a half a bag of left over M&M’s® from that recipe and thought they would go great in a lemon drop cookie, too. So naturally I had to bake a batch of lemon springtime cookies for you and add the candies to the top!
Lemon Drop Cookies for Easter
As you know, I like to begin by measuring and gathering all of my ingredients. This way, I have everything all measured and I just need to add it in to my recipe when it’s called for. There’s no fumbling around with bags and containers in my kitchen! So, here’s my ingredient set for these lemon cookies. We have butter, sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, lemon extract, lemon juice and M&M’s® Easter Sundae candies.
Next we’ll get everything mixed up in our handy-dandy Kitchenaid Mixer. Have I told you lately how much I love my Kitchenaid Mixer? Follow the instruction in the printable recipe below to mix things in the proper order.
Keep a small bowl of flour available to dust your hands as we form the cookies. The dough may be a little sticky, so lightly flouring your hands goes a long way to help keep the dough from sticking to you. Flour your hands and roll the cookies into 1.5″ balls. Place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet and then flatten them down with floured fingers. Add 3 M&M’s® Easter Sundae candies to each cookie
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottom edge of the cookies show a slight browning.
Enjoy or gift to your family and friends. Maybe even leave some out for the Easter bunny!
Lemon Cookies Recipe
Lemon Drop Cookies with M&M's®
15 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
27 minTotal Time
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add butter and sugar to your mixer and mix until creamed, 2-3 minutes
- Add eggs, mix until combined
- Using the stir setting on your mixer, stir in baking powder, salt, vanilla extract, lemon extract, lemon juice, and flour. Stir until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- With lightly floured hands, form 1.5 inch balls (dough may be sticky!) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using lightly floured fingers, press the cookies down to about 1/2 inch thickness, allowing room for three M&M's® candies.
- Place three M&M's® candies on each cookie and press in slightly
- Bake fore 10-12 minutes (ours were 12 minutes) - the edges will just barely begin to show a hint of brown on the bottom edge when they're ready.
- Remove and cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes or more before moving to cooling rack
- Repeat until you've baked all of your cookies! We got 28 out of the batch, depending on how big or small you make your cookies, the number will vary.
Now the only thing left to do is put them out and wait for the Easter bunny to hop along and eat them up!
I suppose you could pass the cookies around with your friends and family to enjoy. These cookies really do taste like spring. Now we can leave the peppermint flavors and Christmas cake mix bars until next year and soon we’ll be able to fire up the grill and make grilled cookie pizzas!
What’s your favorite springtime dessert?