M&M’s® Carrot Cake Easter Bunny Cake Recipe
What’s your favorite Easter candy? We love M&M’s® of all kinds and recently found M&M’s® Carrot Cake at Walmart. So we had to try them in our pumpkin carrot cake recipe – and we snazzed it up for Easter, too! #MMsCarrotCake #CollectiveBias
Easter in our house is usually pretty laid back, as there’s no children here so there usually aren’t any Easter baskets (sometimes though!). However, we are only human, so we do splurge on Easter candy around Easter time.
One of our favorite candies to have around Easter, and all the other holidays are M&M’s®. We love Peanut M&M’s® and Milk Chocolate M&M’s® and this year we found the new M&M’s® Carrot Cake! So, naturally we had to try them out and what better way to do so than include them in our pumpkin carrot cake recipe? Can’t find the carrot cake variety? No worries, regular M&M’s® will work too!
Easy Pumpkin Carrot Cake Recipe with M&M’s® Carrot Cake
Who loves cake? Yes. Everyone does. But, who loves an easy to make pumpkin carrot cake with M&M’s® Carrot Cake baked in and M&M’s® Milk Chocolate used as decorations? Okay, everyone loves that too. So, I’m going to show off my super simple Pumpkin Carrot Easter Bunny Cake Recipe right here on the blog!
Of course M&M’s® are a favorite treat in every house, but it’s these seasonal M&M’s® flavors that really put the pep in our step. Who doesn’t love to try new flavors of M&M’s®?! Last time we used M&M’s® in a recipe it was for our St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes.
Today, we’re trying the M&M’s® Carrot Cake flavor and adding them to our wicked easy Bunny Shaped Pumpkin Carrot Cake Recipe! Aside from the M&M’s® Carrot Cake, we’re also using M&M’s® Milk Chocolate and M&M’s® Peanut – all of which are available in pastel colors for Easter!
Some people use the carrot cake mix that you find on the store shelves, but we prefer to use spice cake mix. The dehydrated carrots in the carrot cake sometimes don’t get moist, so it can leave hard bits of carrot that are less than appetizing. So, we use spice cake mix, and for a super simple carrot cake recipe – the combination of spice cake with M&M’s® Carrot Cake candies baked in, this cake comes out amazing!
Don’t forget your Easter Bunny cake pan!
This recipe is so simple and easy to make, your two year old could do it with their eyes closed. Okay, that’s not recommended – but you get the idea.
Quick and Easy Pumpkin Carrot Cake Easter Bunny Recipe
10 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix by hand, Pumpkin and Spice Cake Mix
- Add 1/2 cup M&M's® Carrot Cake and mix
- Pour mixture into greased (we use butter) cake pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes (bunny pan is deeper than conventional pans which may take the full 35 minutes to bake)
- Cake is done when toothpick is inserted 1 inch from side and comes out clean (don't be fooled by melted M&M's®!)
- FROSTING & DECORATION
- Allow cake to cool completely, remove from pan
- Thaw whipped topping
- Fold whipped topping and cream cheese frosting until incorporated
- Spread on sides of cake with spatula, use piping bag with large head to pipe poofies onto the bunny to make the appearance of fur.
- Add blue food coloring to a small amount of the frosting, pipe on whiskers with narrow pipe tools
- Use M&M's® Milk Chocolate to create the inside area of the bunny ears
- Use M&M's® Carrot Cake for the eyes
- Use M&M's® Peanut for the nose and tongue
I know you and your family will enjoy this cake as much as we do. It’s a great, simple and fun way to celebrate the Easter Holiday!
What’s your favorite Easter treat?