Okay guys, it’s Valentine’s Day and you can melt her heart with this easy strawberry shortcake trifle! Ladies, share this on social media to give your gents a hint! This strawberry trifle recipe is very easy and will only take 5 minutes to make. It’s sure to be a hit this Valentine’s Day! Make sure to check out these chocolate cherry trifles and chocolate lovers trifles, too!
This strawberry trifle recipe is one of three trifles I’m sharing for you guys to choose from. Aside from this Strawberry Shortcake Trifle recipe, I’m also sharing a Chocolate Lovers Trifle and a Chocolate Cherry Trifle (subscribe to be notified!)
Take a step back from tinkering with the car and whip up a couple delicious strawberry trifles for you and your better half, she’ll appreciate it and you’ll earn a few brownie points too!
Strawberry Trifle Recipe
This recipe makes two individual servings, not huge trifle dishes. So simply use small glasses, like whiskey or wine glasses to make these trifles.
- 2 Glass cups/dishes & 2 spoons
- Short Cake (the little round cakes)
- 2 Vanilla pudding cups
- Strawberry Pie Filling
- Whipped Topping
- Crumble a couple of the short cake rounds and add a layer to the bottom of your trifle dishes. You can get the shortcake rounds right in the bakery department of your grocery store, they come in packs of 6 usually.
- Stir 1/2 cup strawberry pie filling (about 3 to 4 big spoonfuls, doesn’t need to be exact) and 2 vanilla pudding cups together in a bowl. Reserve 2 spoonfuls of mixture and divide the rest between two trifle dishes/cups.
- Chop 6 fresh strawberries into 1/4″ pieces, divide & add to the two trifle dishes. Add the 2 reserved spoonfuls of pudding & pie filling mix to the top of the strawberries in each dish. Top with whipped topping and fresh strawberry slice.
It’s that easy!
So guys, if you’re short on time or just suck at making stuff in the kitchen, these strawberry shortcake trifles are a perfect way to put a little extra oomph into your Valentine’s Day plans. She doesn’t need to know how easy it was to make these strawberry shortcake trifles, just make sure you hide the pudding cup containers in the bottom of the garbage can!