Today I felt like making something a little extra sweet. Strawberry ice cream is one of my favorite flavors, and making your own at home is relatively easy, so I’ve found out.
A friend told me how to make this ice cream, and I’m going to share it with you. Let’s see how this recipe works out, shall we!? Oh, and best of all? You don’t need an ice cream maker!
How To Make Strawberry Ice Cream
We’re going to start with a can of sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream and of course strawberries. To top our ice cream we’re going to toss on a bunch of M&M’s® Strawberry, which I also used in these strawberry cupcakes.
It’s not strawberry season here by any stretch of the imagination, so I’m going to make do with frozen strawberries. I’ll just thaw them out before chopping them up! PS: I looked at the “fresh” strawberries at the grocery store, they looked disgusting, so that’s ultimately why I decided on frozen. These will work just fine. After all, we are making a frozen dessert!
Since I did decide on frozen strawberries, I’ll first thaw them and then chop them finely.
With a hand mixer, mix heavy whipping cream until you get soft peaks. Soft peaks are peaks that form when you lift the beater from the bowl. Soft peaks will flop over almost immediately and not hold their shape well.
Add the sweetened condensed milk to the mixture and continue mixing for 60 seconds.
With a spatula or spoon, fold in the finely chopped strawberries.
Pour mixture into covered, freezer safe container or containers.
Optional: Serve with chocolate syrup and M&M’s® Strawberry flavored candies!
Three Ingredient Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups fresh (or frozen; thawed) strawberries - finely chopped
- Optional - M&M’s® Strawberry and chocolate syrup
- Mix heavy cream with a hand mixer until you have soft peaks (slumping peaks)
- Add sweetened condensed milk. Continue mixing for 60 seconds more
- Add finely chopped strawberries and fold in with spatula or large spoon
- Freeze mixture for 8 hours in a lidded freezer safe container
- Option: Serve with whole or crushed M&M’s® Strawberry candies and chocolate syrup on top!
This is the first time I’ve made this recipe. As a matter of fact this is the first time I’ve made homemade ice cream! I know, can you believe it? But, if you’re going to make homemade ice cream, it may as well be strawberry ice cream right?
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?