This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and TUMS Sugar-Free. All opinions are mine alone. #TUMSSugarFree #PassTheTUMS #CollectiveBias
Who’s ready to learn how to make strawberry steak kabobs? Today I’m whipping up an easy recipe for strawberry steak kabobs with a low sugar spicy strawberry BBQ sauce. We’ve been looking for ways to reduce our sugar intake without sacrificing flavor – and we’re killin’ it! This is a perfect recipe for those new to grilling. It’s real good and real easy to do!
This kabob recipe is real fun, real sweet, and gives you a nice punch of citrus too. We’re skewering flank steak with strawberries and pineapple, slathering them with a low sugar strawberry BBQ sauce and grilling it all to perfection.
Firing up the grill occasionally means firing up the heartburn, especially when there is citrus involved. Don’t worry though, I have a great solution for that too! You can effectively manage spicy grilling and citrus recipes when you have TUMS* Sugar-Free heartburn relief waiting in the wings. TUMS Sugar-Free Melon Berry has all the extra-strength power of TUMS, without the sugar! It’s the #1 pharmacist recommended antacid brand and it’s a great product for people like us who are looking to lower our sugar intake and looking to lead a healthier lifestyle.
COUPON → 2018 TUMS coupon good on any TUMS product!
Whether you’re new to grilling or a seasoned pro, this is a great recipe to try. As a matter of fact, if you’re new to my blog make sure you subscribe because all of my recipes are super easy. I enjoy super easy recipes and this one is perfect for you youngsters who are fresh out of the nest (haha)!
Strawberry Steak Kabobs
Grilling these kabobs is super easy.
Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
The BBQ sauce takes about 20 to 30 minutes to make. So plan accordingly to make the sauce before firing up the grill.
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 1 Poblano pepper, minced (or the hottest peppers you like!)
- 3 tbs minced garlic
- 1 cup low sugar ketchup
- 1/2 cup sugar free strawberry preserves
- Handful of strawberries, hulled (cut the green leafy cap off); then diced and mashed
- 1 + 1/2 tbs dijon mustard
- 1 + 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 + 1/2 tsp hickory liquid smoke
- TUMS Sugar-Free cuz’ the peppers and citrus might kick your butt!
- In a saucepan over medium heat cook the onion, poblano and garlic until the onion is soft and almost translucent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan. Stirring occasionally, simmer for 15-20 minutes or until it begins to thicken.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Strawberry Steak Kabobs
Now that we have our low sugar strawberry BBQ sauce ready to go, we can get our steak kabobs on the grill!
- Flank Steak; cubed into 1.5 inch cubes (you can usually find pre-cut steak for kabobs at your grocer)
- Pineapple chunks
- Wood skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- Low sugar strawberry BBQ sauce
- Optional: Prepared rice
- Preheat grill to 450 degrees F.
- Skewer steak, strawberry and pineapple onto the wet wood skewers
- Oil grill grates
- Place kabobs on grill
- Grill for 8 to 10 minutes with the lid closed, turning skewers often (every minute or two) until beef has reached internal temperature desired (145 for medium)
- Brush on BBQ sauce in the last few minutes of grilling; add more BBQ sauce when plating kabobs.
Serve the Kabobs over a bed of rice and quinoa if you wish! You could also serve with ears of grilled corn, they’re easy to make too!
See how easy that was? By now you’re surely thinking, how am I going to stop this heartburn from ruining such a perfect night? The great news is that I have found the perfect solution for fast heartburn relief, without the added sugar. Having TUMS close by is important if you’re like me and love to toss the hottest peppers in your BBQ sauce!
Don’t forget to print this 2018 TUMS coupon – save on any TUMS product!
*Refer to the TUMS bottles for full directions, and use as directed.
Thank goodness TUMS goes to work in seconds. I grabbed TUMS Sugar-Free Melon Berry in the 80 count package at CVS (but it’s available at Target, Walgreens, Rite Aid, and Amazon too.)
I like CVS because the people who work there are always so friendly and say hi. Our pharmacist is a hoot too, it’s always nice chatting him up.
Join me on Facebook!