Valentine’s Day M&M’s® Strawberry Cupcakes
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SendSweetness #CollectiveBias
We’re sending sweetness this Valentine’s Day with M&M’s® Strawberry Cupcakes! Valentine’s Day is usually thought of as being a spouse or significant other centered holiday. However, there’s no reason that you can’t share your appreciation and love for your friends and family during this special holiday, too!
Valentine’s Day Cupcake Recipe
Today I’m making a batch of delicious M&M’s® Strawberry Cupcakes! M&M’s® Strawberry cupcakes are a perfect treat to share with friends, family, co-workers and other people in your life you wish to express gratitude and appreciation for on Valentine’s Day.
While at Walmart shopping for M&M’s® Strawberry and other cupcake ingredients, don’t forget to pick up a sweet DOVE® Valentine’s Day heart shaped tin. This DOVE® Valentine’s Day tin is a perfect gift to go along with a M&M’s® Strawberry cupcake!
Strawberry Cupcake Recipe
Find the printable M&M’s® Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe below the tutorial.
Let’s begin by gathering our ingredients. Ingredients include M&M’s® Strawberry, white cake mix, water, vegetable oil, eggs and gelatin. For the frosting we’ll use powdered sugar, vanilla extract, cream cheese and butter.
Mix the cake mix, oil, water and eggs in a bowl with a mixer or whisk. Once the cake mix is smooth, mix in the strawberry gelatin. Find the complete recipe below.
Finally, mix in M&M’s® Strawberry by hand.
Once the gelatin and M&M’s® Strawberry are stirred in, we’ll scoop our batter into a baking cup lined cupcake tin. Fill cupcake wrappers about ¾ full – about 3 tablespoons.
We’ll bake in the oven as instructed in the printable recipe below.
Cream Cheese Frosting
For the frosting we’ll break out our mixer! Mix together butter and cream cheese until it’s nice and smooth.
Next we’ll slowly add the powdered sugar, while continuing to mix, until we reach our desired consistency.
Add vanilla extract and continue mixing until incorporated.
Use food coloring to add a bit of color to your frosting. You can also split the frosting and only add color to some of the frosting. This is personal preference, I’m going to split mine. I added 24 drops of red to half of the batter, mixing with a spoon.
Valentine’s Day M&M’s® Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe
M&M's® Strawberry Cupcake Recipe
15 minPrep Time
18 minCook Time
33 minTotal Time
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare cupcake tin(s) with baking cups
- Mix with mixer or whisk together by hand, vegetable oil, water and eggs in a medium bowl until smooth
- Mix in strawberry gelatin
- Scoop batter into baking cups, about 3/4 full
- Bake in preheated oven for 16-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean
- Allow cupcakes to cool for 10 minutes in cupcake tin, then move them to wire rack
- Once completely cooled, decorate with frosting and M&M's® Strawberry!
- -- FROSTING DIRECTIONS --
- Mix softened cream cheese and softened butter with a mixer
- Slowly add powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached
- Add vanilla extract, mix until incorporated
- Frost cupcakes & decorate with M&M's® Strawberry!
Your friends will love you a smidge more for thinking of them this Valentine’s day, and their love for you will go to a whole new level when they bite into these delicious M&M’s® Strawberry cupcakes! Pack a couple of boxes with cupcakes to hand out to your friends and family on Valentine’s Day – and don’t forget to share a few DOVE® Valentine’s Day heart shaped tins, too!
What’s your favorite Valentine’s Day treat to share with friends and family?