Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
These chocolate peppermint cookies are so delicious and easy to make, you’ll be able to whip these easy cake mix cookies up in a snap! Christmastime is a busy time of year which is why we’re doing a virtual cookie recipe swap — to help you with your recipe planning and bring you easy recipes like these chocolate peppermint cookies!
We’ve passed the 50 recipe mark in our cookie swap and we’re still rolling with three weeks left! For this week, we’re making chocolate peppermint cake mix cookies! The #SweetSquad has also stopped by to drop some delicious holiday M&M’s® Milk Chocolate candies on top of some of our cookies! Yum!
There’s no need to go nuts trying to figure out what cookies you’ll bring to Christmas this year. We have plenty to choose from, but these chocolate peppermint cookies are one of the simplest recipes you can throw together – no one will have to know they’re cake mix cookies! That can be our little secret!
Easy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
This recipe is so simple anyone can make it – all you need is a box of Devil’s Food cake mix, two eggs, oil, a pinch or two of sugar, cookie icing and of course red and green holiday M&M’s® candies!
- 1 Package Moist Supreme Devil’s Food cake mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tsp peppermint extract
- Cookie icing (red, white & green)
- Holiday M&M’s® Milk Chocolate candies
- Sugar to sprinkle on cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
With a tough mixing spoon (I like my bamboo spoon), mix together cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil. When you’re nearing a dough ball, add in the peppermint extract and continue to mix until you have a large dough ball and all the ingredients are well incorporated. Use a pressing/mixing motion towards the end of your mixing to make sure everything is nice and mixed up.
Lightly flour your hands and roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls and place on the baking sheet.
Flour the bottom of a drinking glass and lightly press the cookie dough balls down to 1/2 inch thick disks. Tip: Don’t wiggle, just press.
Bake in the oven for 9 to 11 minutes, remove the cookies from the oven and lightly sprinkle them with granulated sugar. Optional: Immediately add M&M’s® candies to the top of the cookies, or wait and stick them to the icing. Have fun with them, decorate the cookies however you like.
Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
Repeat until you’re out of dough – you may get as many as 40 cookies, depending on your cookie size.
Once your cookies have cooled, decorate with cookie icing and Holiday M&M’s® Milk Chocolate candies.
10 minPrep Time
11 minCook Time
21 minTotal Time
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil in a bowl with a stiff spoon
- Before a dough ball forms, mix in peppermint extract - mix until you have a large dough ball
- With floured hands, roll 1 inch dough balls and place them on parchment lined cookie sheet
- Lightly flour the bottom of a glass and press cookies into 1/2 inch thick disks
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes; remove from oven and immediately press holiday M&M's® Milk Chocolate Candies on to the top - or wait and stick them on top of the cookie icing
- Cool on pan for 3 minutes, finish cooling on cooling rack
- Decorate with cookie icing and Holiday M&M's® Milk Chocolate candies (or other candies)