Don’t feel like baking Christmas cookies? Try these easy no bake oatmeal cookies! Santa will be thankful that you did! This year we’re leaving Santa Claus no bake oatmeal cookies. Oh, and of course the #SweetSquad is here to add some of our favorite Holiday M&M’s® Milk Chocolate candies for decoration! Santa will love these sweet, no bake oatmeal cookies!
The best thing about these cookies is that you only need three ingredients. These three ingredient oatmeal cookies are easy! I should mention, the three ingredients isn’t including the toppings and decorations; because you can really add whatever you like.
No Bake Oatmeal Cookies
These three ingredient no bake oatmeal cookies could not be easier. Aside from the three ingredients, you’ll also want to decorate them for Christmas with cookie icing and Holiday M&M’s® Milk Chocolate candies.
See how cool they look with a little icing and red and green M&M’s® candies? We also used cookie cutters to cut our cookies into fun holiday shapes like Christmas trees, candy canes and
gingerbread oatmeal men cookies.
No Bake Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
There is literally just a few steps to making these cookies. They’re a great treat to leave out for Santa along with a mug of hot cocoa or glass of milk!
Melt the wet ingredients in the microwave or on the stove. Mix it with the oats, knead the dough in your hands, cut, shape and stick them in the refrigerator for a bit before decorating!
I don’t think Santa is one to nitpick the decorating, so don’t make fun of my oatmeal cookie man! WWSD (What would Santa do?) be nice! I was going to leave red icing for eyes, but he looked very scary – so I stuck M&M’s® candies on for eyes. It’s not a whole lot better, but better than it was! (lol)!
Nevertheless, we think these cookies came out very festive, they have a nice peanut butter and honey flavor with a good oatmeal cookie texture. You’ll love them, the kids will love them and of course Santa will love them!
- 2 cups rolled oats (I ended up using 2 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- Red and green cookie icing
- Holiday M&M’s® Milk Chocolate candies
- Measure and set aside rolled oats in a large bowl
- Melt and combine peanut butter and honey on the stove top or in the microwave
- Pour over rolled oats and stir together
- Use floured hands to form cookies – knead the cookies in your hands to make balls, then press them out and form them as you wish. Cut with cookie cutters too if you’d like!
- Set on parchment paper and place into refrigerator for 20-30 minute
- Remove from fridge and decorate with cookie icing and Holiday M&M’s® Milk Chocolate candies
Psst: I really love these parchment baking sheets!
Note: If your mixture is too dry, add a little extra honey. If it’s too loose, add some extra oats. I’ve found that the brand of peanut butter you use can affect the stiffness of the cookie batter.
So this year, make Santa something a special and sweet. You can decorate them anyway you wish, I hope you do a better job than I did (haha!)