Easy Apple Jam Recipe
Have you been looking for a simple apple jam recipe? Look no further! Jam is so versatile and can be used in so many different recipes and added to so many items, like toast, crackers and the list goes on. Today we’re making delicious apple jam! Tasty, simple and easy to make apple jam.
Simple 3 Ingredient Apple Jam
To make this apple jam recipe, you’ll need about 20 minutes of time and just three ingredients. Apples, of course, water and sugar!
You can add food coloring to this apple jam recipe if you want to give your jam a different look and use it for holidays like Halloween or Christmas – think red, green etc.. I actually halved the batch (halved all the ingredients) and made a batch with green food coloring to make ectoplasm jam for a Ghostbusters themed snack.
3 Ingredient Apple Jam Recipe
You can make this recipe by the cup, it can be doubled or tripled and even go up to 4 cups, but don’t get too carried away with the size of your batch, you will lose quality.
Don’t forget your mason jars!
Easy to make apple jam recipe.
- Cook apples. You can toss them in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl, cover with lid but do not seal! Cook for 8 minutes. Likewise you can cook the apples in a skillet on the stove with a bit of water, covered and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until apples are almost mushy.
- Mash the apples with a potato masher or break out the hand mixer and break them down good. Leave the apples as chunky as you want your jam.
- Add 2 cups of apples and 1/2 cup of water to a large pan - bring to boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes or until most of the water has boiled off, stirring frequently
- Add 2 cups sugar
- Stir and bring to boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently
- Remove from heat and continue stirring for an additional 2 minutes
- Store in mason jar
To change color for added effects (holidays and such), add food coloring after removing jam from heat, while you stir for the last step of the recipe.
If canning, follow proper canning procedures for cleanliness and storage, otherwise store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
What do you plan on using this simple apple jam recipe for?