Chocolate Espresso Lava Cakes
This chocolate espresso molten lava cake is the treat you need after a long week at work! You deserve a dessert that will have you savoring every bite!
Blasting with flavors of chocolate and espresso — and I like mine topped with a scoop of vanilla or peanut butter ice cream. You can’t go wrong with this lava cake recipe!
Chocolate Espresso Molten Lava Cakes
The best part? This is a dessert recipe for two people! No more making huge cakes when it’s just the two of you! Whipping up this classy dessert is easy – all you need is a few ingredients and a couple of ramekins. This chocolate espresso lava cake is the perfect dessert to cap off a romantic date night, or just a casual dessert for those times you need a little extra sweetness in your life.
Molten Chocolate Espresso Cakes Recipe
Enjoy this class dessert with a glass of milk!
Don’t forget these ramekins!
A recipe for two individual chocolate espresso molten lava cakes. Add ice cream and chocolate syrup to make this recipe extra special!
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Combine butter and chocolate in a small saucepan; melt over low heat, stirring occasionally, until you have a smooth consistency and chocolate is melted. Remove from heat
- Whisk in powdered sugar until smooth
- Whisk in eggs and egg yolks until smooth
- Whisk in flour and espresso powder until smooth
- Grease 2 8oz ramekins and place them on a baking sheet
- Divide half of the batter between the 2 ramekins, place two DOVE Milk Chocolate candies in the center of each ramekin and top with remaining batter
- Bake 12 minutes or until centers are set
- Let cool in ramekins 3 minutes
- Invert cakes onto individual serving plates
- Serve warm topped with ice cream, chocolate sauce and raspberries
- Makes 2 servings.
I hope you enjoyed this chocolate espresso molten lava cake recipe.