Coke Ribs BBQ Recipe
These coke ribs are tender, delicious and waiting to be devoured! Whether you’re throwing a family weekend backyard BBQ, cooking for the whole neighborhood or taking a summer vacation, these coca cola ribs will be the star of the show!
Plan now for this weekend. Make these ribs for your family to test them out, then make them for the whole block! Everyone is sure to love this recipe!
- 1.5 liters of regular Coke
- 2 racks (4 lbs) baby back ribs
- 1 large onion cut into 4 pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
Rib Sauce Ingredients
- 2/3 stick butter
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1½ tablespoons yellow mustard
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12oz of regular Coke
- Salt and pepper to taste
Make the ribs!
- Pour 1.5 liters of Coca-Cola into a large pot. Add the garlic, bay leaves, onion, and peppercorn.
- Toss in the ribs. If you need to, add a splash more Coke to make sure the ribs are submerged.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat to simmer; turn ribs occasionally; ribs should pull easily away from bone when done; about 60 minutes.
Make the sauce!
- Combine 12oz Coke, butter, onion garlic, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in a large sauce pan.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring regularly until sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- *Store sauce in airtight container, refrigerated for up to a week
Keep scrolling, we’re about to finish these ribs off on the grill!
Grill The Ribs!
- Preheat your BBQ grill to high
- Take ribs from pot, pat dry with towel, season with salt and pepper, slather with sauce
- Place ribs on grill, turning every 2 minutes; grill for 8-10 minutes
- Remove ribs from grill, tent in aluminum foil and allow to rest for 8 minutes
- Cut and slather with more sauce
If these aren’t the most delicious baby back coke ribs you’ve ever had, you need to reevaluate everything you’ve ever eaten, because these ribs are absolutely ah-mazing! Don’t miss out on these apple cider back ribs and the perfect rub, mop and slather method!
Up Next: Must-Have Grilling Tools »