Beef and Veggie Stir-Fry Recipe – Under 500 Calories!
A nice easy dinner recipe for those who wish to add a healthy dish to their line-up. With under 500 calories, this awesome steak filled dinner just might give you the meat-sweats! Rounding out at 2 servings with a total of 375 calories per serving, this Beef and Veggie Stir-Fry Recipe will help you trim down without sacrificing flavor — or steak!
- Cook rice according to package directions. Begin cooking rice at the same time you cook the beef.
- Combine 1 teaspoon cornstarch, soy sauce and garlic powder in a small bowl, whisking until smooth. Add steak, tossing to coat; let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add steak, and cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Remove steak from pan.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan.
- Add broccoli, red bell pepper and onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir together 3 tablespoons water, remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch, brown sugar and ginger in a small bowl, whisking until smooth.
- Add beef and brown sugar mixture to pan. Bring to a boil, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve beef and broccoli mixture over rice.