Bacon Wrapped Tater Tot Kabobs!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TonysHometownPride #CollectiveBias
With football season getting underway, let’s recharge the kids with their favorite foods. Pizza, tater tots and bacon! We’re making Tony’s® Pizzeria Style Pepperoni Pizza and bacon wrapped tater tot kabobs on the grill tonight!
These bacon wrapped tater tot kabobs are wicked easy, fun to serve with a slice of pizza and salad, and will recharge the kids after a big game or tough practice!
It’s no joke that football practice is hard work. The wind sprints, shuffles, rolls, up-downs drill, offensive and defensive line drills – it’s workout just thinking about it! So with that in mind we’re helping you recharge your kids after a tough summer or fall football practice with a hearty meal.
Plus… BACON! Need I say more?
Tony’s Pizza has been serving up your favorite pizzas since 1960 — more than 50 years! It all began in a local pizzeria in Salina, KS. They have always taken great pride in serving communities with their delicious pizzas and have always cared about fueling youth sports with a slice of pride.
Before we get to the recipe, if you live in the state of Kansas or reside in Kansas City, MO let’s get you entered for the chance to win a sweepstakes over on the Tony’s Pizza Facebook page! The Grand Prize is a $10,000 donation to the child’s team or athletics department! So do it! But hurry, this sweeps ends on 9/30/17!
Okay enough drooling over these pics, let’s grill up these bacon wrapped tater tot kabobs and pizza!
- 1 pack bacon, cut each slice into 3 pieces
- Frozen tater tots; pour onto plate, let thaw for 10-15 minutes
- Tony’s® Pizzeria Style Pepperoni Pizza
- Or your favorite variety…
- Tony’s® Pizzeria Style Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza
- Tony’s® Pizzeria Style Cheese Pizza
- Tony’s® Pizzeria Style Supreme Pizza
- Tony’s® Pizzeria Style MEAT-TRIO® Pizza
Preheat the grill to 350-400 degrees
Wrap cut piece of bacon around each tater tot; slide several onto each skewer. Alternate with plain tots if you wish.. We loaded the plain tater tots end-wise.
Oil your grill grates and begin grilling the kabobs; grill, flip after 5 minutes and cook until almost complete…
At this time, remove the frozen Tony’s pizza from the package and place it on the other side of the grill. Reduce the heat under the pizza to low and cook for about 7-8 minutes, spinning the pizza 180 degrees half way through for even cooking. Grill with the lid closed until the bottom of the pizza is cooked and the cheese on top has melted.
Tip: Do all your cooking with the grill lid closed!
Plate, serve with a side salad and enjoy!
You’d be hard-pressed to find an easier and more fun dinner that the kids will devour after getting home from a long day of sports practice!
Grilled Tater Tots wrapped in bacon, skewered and served with Tony’s pizza! Go for it, it’s a meal every kid will love!
5 based on 1 review(s)
- Preheat the grill to 350-400 degrees
- Wrap pieces of bacon around each tater tot; slide several onto each skewer - alternate with plain tots if you wish.
- Begin grilling kabobs; flipping after 5 minutes, grill until bacon is almost cooked.
- Place frozen Tony's pizza on the grill, close the lid and grill for 7 to 8 minutes, spinning pizza 180 degrees half way through for even cooking
- Plate, serve a salad or fruit and enjoy!
Do yourself a favor, next time you’re at Walmart, pop into the cold and frozen food aisles to grab a few boxes of Tony’s Pizza, some tater tots and bacon to whip up this delicious dinner combination!
How do you kids refuel after football practice?