There’s no better meal than grilled steak kabobs in the summer, right! It’s a simple and delicious dinner, and a perfect backyard date night idea for you and the wife. Seriously, Katie loves steak and what better way to serve it up than grilled with veggies. So, how do you make steak kabobs? What kind of steak do you use for steak kabobs? Let’s get to it!
Steak kabobs are so easy to make almost anyone can do it. It’s literally cutting up steak and veggies, skewering them and tossing them on the BBQ grill. So how do you grill steak kabobs? Here you go, it’s real easy to do!
Grilling Steak Kabobs
- Sirloin Steak – cut into 1 to 1½” cubes
- Cold (refrigerated) Peppers – Green, Red, Orange, whatever – cut into 1 to 1½” cubes
- Cherry tomatoes
- Skewers – soaked in water for 30 minutes
- BBQ Sauce
I use sirloin steak for grilled steak kabobs because it comes out so juicy and tender. Yep, sirloin steak is what you’ll most often find when you get steak tips at your local grocer, too.
- Marinate cubed steak in BBQ sauce for 30 minutes before cooking (or brush on the skewers if you don’t have the time)
- Preheat your grill to 450 degrees F.
- Skewer steak and veggies onto the wet wood skewers
- Oil grill grates
- Place steak kabobs on grill
- Grill for 8 to 10 minutes with the lid closed, turning skewers often (every minute or two)
- Brush on BBQ sauce if desired
- Kabobs are done when the steak is cooked to your liking
See how easy it was to grill steak kabobs? Sirloin steak, veggies, skewers and your BBQ grill!
All that is left to do is plate them! I like to serve my steak kabobs over a bed of rice.