Starburst Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Have you ever thought of stuffing Starburst® candies into Chocolate Chip Cookies? No? Me either. That is until I was allowed to participate in this #BigGameTreats promo with #CollectiveBias!
I came up with what I thought was an original idea for a tailgating party snack; SNICKERS® Stuffed Crescent Rolls shaped into footballs… After a quick internet search it became apparent that it wasn’t so original. I quickly switched gears and dug deep to come up with a great idea for you. That is when the Starburst Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies were imagined. In addition to making Starburst Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, we also made SNICKERS Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies and SNICKERS Stuffed Crescent Rolls.
Did your team make it to the big game this season? Ours did! Hopefully, our team’s adrenaline will continue on and we’ll emerge victoriously with a huge blowout like we did in the championship game! No matter who wins or loses, we’ll be sure to have a great home-gating party with some awesome snacks.
For the big game we’ll be making a trip to Walmart to pick up our cookie recipe ingredients, snacks, drinks and other home-gating supplies.
Starburst Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
It didn’t take long to whip up these chocolate chip cookies stuffed with Starburst candies. They’re pretty simple to make and hit your taste buds harder than your favorite team’s red zone defense! You might be asking yourself what the consistency of a Starburst baked into a cookie is like. Well, when they’re warm, the Starburst is ooey gooey, stringy and tasty too! When they’ve had time to cool off, they return to the Starburst type consistency and you get a candy treat in your cookie (your kids will love these!).
This is an easy Starburst Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that packs a punch.
15 minPrep Time
13 minCook Time
28 minTotal Time
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- With a mixer, mix butter and sugars together until they're well combined.Beat in eggs and vanilla
- In another bowl - mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients
- Fold in Chocolate Chips with stiff spoon, (batter will be extremely thick - this is ok!)
- Using your fingers, scoop and roll cookie dough into 2 one to one and a half inch balls. Set Starburst candy between the two and roll the dough around it. Form a football shape and set on parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat this process. Note that these cookies expand quite a bit, so leave plenty of space between them.
- Bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes, move to cooling rack, bake the next batch!
- Once they're cooled you can add icing or fondant to make laces on the football
If you’re feeling a bit less adventurous…
SNICKERS Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you’re not feeling like a daredevil and want to make a more relaxed treat for your football game tailgating or house-gating party, you can replace the Starburst in the recipe with halved SNICKERS Fun Size candy bars, they came out awesome too! Simply cut SNICKERS Fun Size in 1/2 and put them inside the cookies just as directed with the Starburst. We even made some combo-cookies with both a slice of SNICKERS and a Starburst stuffed inside.
Back to my less than original idea…
Here’s that football shaped SNICKERS Crescent Roll Treat I was telling you about. They’re easy to make and taste great. Take a crescent roll triangle, stick a SNICKERS Fun Size bar in it and roll it up. Manipulate the edges, pinch it all together so the SNICKERS doesn’t run out and shape them into footballs. Place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake as instructed on the crescent roll package. Note that it may take a few extra minutes to bake. Ours took 2 extra minutes to become a nice golden brown.
So, we’ve discovered some new tailgating snacks…
What’s your favorite big game treat? Leave a comment below…