Guest Blogging: How To Open The Door
Are you a quality writer who wants to get more recognition for your blog? Guest posting, or guest blogging, is arguably one of the best ways to do this. Guest Posting is the art of posting articles on other blogs with links back to your blog. It isn’t as hard as it seems and you just might enjoy seeking out blogs in which to submit articles. Follow the 5 steps below for guest blogging success!
Bloggers often wonder; how do I go about guest posting on other blogs? Where do I start? How do I open that door? Is this blog even accepting guest posts? Well, getting started guest blogging isn’t as difficult as it may seem. You don’t need to wait to be asked to guest post and you don’t need to feel like you’re bugging the blog owner. Most blog owners would be ecstatic to have someone ask if they could guest post on their blog. Wouldn’t you? Below I’ll outline several things that will help you get your foot in the Guest Blogging door.
1. Know The Blog. First of all, you want to know the blog that you’re going to be submitting a post to. Read through the blog and see what type of topics this blogger writes about. You don’t want to submit an article about a dude dressed in drag while dancing to a blog that is about food and recipes. Look to see if the blog has a specific niche or if it has several categories (like mine!). Find out if this blogger has guest posting guidelines and if they do, tailor your content to abide by those guidelines. Peek around the corners and in the crevices to discover what this blog is missing. Solve a problem for the blogger. If you offer content that fits their blog, but they have not blogged about, they’ll often gladly accept a guest post.
2. Contact The Blogger. Have you ever wanted to guest post but didn’t contact the blogger? Well, there’s your problem! Your best bet is to contact the blogger through email. If you cannot find their email, use the contact form on their blog. Be sure to get straight to the point. Pitch them with your idea and/or include your blog post in the first contact. Get right to the point and don’t waste their (or your) time.
3. Write A High Quality Post. As always, content is king. If you write a sloppy, poorly written blog post riddled with grammatical errors, you’ll never get published on other blogs. Write a high quality post with content that fits the blog you’re interested in guest posting for. Use proper spelling and grammar. Double check everything and don’t forget to include your backlinks!
4. Follow-Up. If you don’t hear back right away, it’s not the end of the world. Like any good sales person, following-up is essential to success. Give the blogger a week or so to respond and then shoot them a follow-up email. Be nice and keep the email lighthearted. If you don’t hear back from your follow-up email, wait another week or so and send another follow-up. Some people are busy, on vacation or otherwise engaged and maybe they just haven’t been able to get back to you yet. If you still don’t hear back in a month or so, send another email letting the blogger know that you’ll be publishing your article elsewhere and if they’re interested in you guest posting for them to feel free to contact you.
5. Try Again. Chances are you’re not going to get a “yes” from every blog you submit an article to. So, you need to continue trying with different blogs. If you’ve found a blog you want to guest post on, more than likely you’re not the only one submitting a post for review. It takes a lot of time and dedication to get the hang of guest posting. Don’t be discouraged by rejection. Keep going and try again.
6. Bonus Secret. Free & Easy PR2 Backlinks! Mini Guest Posting at BlogFrogs.com. If you’re looking for a high-quality Do-Follow backlink to your blog (from a PR2 website). It’s really easy to snag one…or one for each and every post you create! No joke. My site BlogFrogs.com is a site where you can submit your articles and blog posts (much like posting to facebook!) and you’ll instantly get a Do-Follow backlink for your post! Do me a favor, when you submit your post, write a great 50-60 word description of your post and please read the FAQ page before submitting. Think of your post as a mini guest post. It’s a free PR 2 do-follow backlink for you and I maintain the site – so help me by double checking your content and making sure your post looks good before submitting! So, sign up and submit a couple of posts each day!
Interested in guest posting on my blog? Find out how!