Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Sauce
Fire up the grill and make these delicious tacos. There’s nothing like shrimp on the barbie, right? It’s fun to say with a fake Australian accent, but did you know Australians rarely call them shrimp?
They’re more likely to say prawn on the barbie – but that’s not really even a saying either. Oh well – it’s still fun to say! Let’s throw some shrimp on the barbie, whattaya say?
Grilled shrimp tacos are in our future, and they should be in yours too. Here’s how to make them…
- Pre-heat grill to high heat
- Toss shrimp in a large bowl with paprika, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, red pepper flakes, and salt
- Slide shrimp onto two skewers, repeat with two skewers until all shrimp are on skewers. (see video)
- Brush each shrimp skewer with olive oil just before placing on grill to prevent sticking
- Grill over high heat for 3 minutes, brush the top side with more olive oil, flip, and let cook for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from skewers & set aside for taco assembly
- In a bowl, stir together all creamy cilantro sauce ingredients
- Combine green cabbage, red cabbage, and minced jalapeño in a large bowl. Pour half of the sour cream mixture over the cabbage, saving the other half for extra sauce to put on the tacos.
- Assemble tacos on corn tortillas. Add cabbage mixture, followed by the shrimp. Top with the creamy cilantro sauce, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.
Do you grill a lot of seafood? I love grilled shrimp, fish and sometimes even a rock lobster on the grill. But usually I like my lobsters steamed…