Cauliflower Crust Pizza Recipe – Atkins Friendly!
If you’re just starting out on Atkins, you know it’s a big change – especially if you’re used to chowing down on pizza every Friday night. Yes, we’re big pizza fans in our house. We love pizza from all the local delivery places, as they each have their own flavor, sauces and style. It’s great! But what about this Atkins friendly pizza recipe? Can you eat pizza while shedding a few pounds, or living the Atkins lifestyle? You sure can!
Atkins Friendly Cauliflower Crust Pizza Recipe
As you can imagine, when we decided to give the Atkins diet a whirl to lose some weight, we needed to figure out a pizza that actually tasted good! Okay, so we tried the Atkins Pizza’s from the freezer aisle. Meh, they were nothing to write home about. It’s more like a flat bread type pizza and the crust was kind of gritty, and they’re expensive too!
So, browsing around online we found a recipe for cauliflower bread. So, we thought hmm…, can we tweak it and make a pizza pie crust? Of course we can – I’m a magician in the kitchen! So, we did. This is the best cauliflower crust pizza ever! I never thought I would find an Atkins friendly pizza crust alternative that was anywhere near edible, but this really is pretty darn good – and it pairs well with a Diet Moxie too!
Atkins Friendly – 4.31 Net Carbs/Serving. This takes into account cheese, peppers, onion and pepperoni as toppings, additional toppings could mean more carbs.
Cauliflower Crust Atkins Friendly Pizza Recipe
Atkins friendly Cauliflower Crust Pizza Recipe
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Pull apart or chop cauliflower up a little bit and add the it to your food processor. Use the pulse action until cauliflower resembles rice
- Place the cauliflower in a microwavable container and cover with lid. Microwave for 8 minutes.
- Place the microwaved cauliflower in a large bowl
- Add 2 eggs, 1 cups of Mexican cheese mix, Italian spices or oregano, a few shakes of garlic powder and the salt and pepper.
- Mix everything together.
- Spread on parchment paper into the shape you want your pizza, we made ours a rectangle
- Bake the crust (no toppings yet!) for about 25 minutes or until nice and golden.
- Once golden, sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese, add your toppings and return to oven for another 5 minutes (maybe longer) until cheese has melted.
Like this recipe? Please share!